Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone
Using the iOS platform cab intimidating for people who are using an Apple device for the first time. If you recently shifted from an Android phone to iPhone you must be wondering, how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone. Here, we shall cover all the information on various ways to shift the contacts quickly.
The iOS interface is vastly different from the classic Android interface. Therefore, you need to take certain measures to make sure that all your contacts are transferred to the new device. We want to ensure that all your precious contacts get transferred without loss. Here, I will suggest the most popular method to make the transfer from the Android phone to the iPhone.
Method to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone
Steps for the Android Phone
This method employs the use of Google contacts on your Android device and syncs all the contacts on the Google server. Follow the given steps to use this method.
- Go to Settings on your Android device. You can either find the settings icon in the menu of the device or enter the settings menu from the notification bar on the device.
- Scroll down in this menu to find the Accounts You can additionally use the search feature in the settings to locate the accounts section if your device is running on Android Nougat 7.0 or higher.
- Now select Google from the list. You will find various accounts on the list that are linked to your device including WhatsApp, Yahoo, Skype, etc.
- Now you will see a comprehensive list of items that your device automatically syncs with your Gmail account. If you have more than one Gmail accounts on the device, you will see them listed here.
- Choose your primary Gmail account and scroll down to find the option, Contacts.
- Switch on the small toggle bar beside the Contacts listing to start syncing all your contacts. (You need to be connected to a stable WiFi or cellular data network to start syncing.)
- The entire syncing process should not take more than a minute.
- Once all your contacts are synced you will see the current time as the latest time when you synced the device.
Now you have the freedom to switch off the Android device and transfer your sim card to the iPhone.
Steps for iPhone device
- Go to the Settings menu on the iPhone using the settings option in the home menu.
- Select the Contacts option in the settings menu.
- Now you will see various ways using which you can add the contacts to the iPhone. Choose the Add Account option from the list.
- Select Google from the list of accounts that you can sync.
- Now you need to add the primary Gmail ID (to which you linked all your contacts) when prompted to do so. Add the password when prompted too.
- You might be asked to verify your identity, just type in the access code linked to your account. You will receive this as a text message on the mobile number linked to the account.
- Now switch the toggle beside Contacts in the list you see, to on position to start syncing.
All your contacts are now synced to the new iPhone and you can find them on contacts in the iPhone menu.
By following these steps to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone you can easily create a copy of contact on the Gmail account for constantly syncing all your contacts. You can follow the same method to transfer contacts from any of your old Android/iOS devices.