Android Device Manager
Have you ever lost your phone under the couch or on the subway? Do you wish to secure all the sensitive information on your device for good? If so, the Android Device Manager application is here to help you. This application is the one-stop solution for you to locate your lost phone, lock it or completely erase it to prevent sensitive information from falling into the wrong hands.
Here, I will teach you how to use the Android device manager application to make sure that you are capable of securing your data in case you lose the phone. There is a chance that even if you use a fingerprint sensor or a password combination lock, someone steals and hacks your phone. You can use this application to make sure that it does not happen.
Setting up Android Device Manager Application
Follow these steps to prepare your Android device for the rainy day.
- Download the Android Device Manager application from the Play Store. Until unless you are using a nearly 7 – 8 years old Android device, there is a good chance that your phone supports the application.
- Now, add your Google account to the phone. You might have already performed this step while setting up the device initially. However, in case you haven’t, add it from the Accounts section located in the settings application on your device.
- Now make sure to turn on the location access feature on your device. To do so, open the Settings application and choose Location Services or Here, tick the options that allow you to turn on the location services for the device.
- Now, go to the Security tab located in the Settings application on your device. Ensure that you give access to Android Device Manager application under Device Administrators.
Locate Your Phone Using Device Manager Application
Once you have completed the above-mentioned steps, you are ready to take your phone/tablet out for a spin without the worry of losing it permanently. Follow these steps in case you lose your phone somewhere.
- Go to the website google.com/android/devicemanager. You can either access this website using the browser window on your laptop/desktop or another smartphone. You can also download the Android device manager application on some other smartphone and log in as a guest to check for your phone.
- Now login using the same credentials that you used during the setup process. You will see an invalid login, in case you try to log in using some other account.
- Now, you can select one of the many devices linked to your account using the tab located on the top right corner of the webpage or application interface.
- Once you choose the device, it will show the location of the device under the device name. You can now go to the location to pick up your device.
- In case you have not been to the particular location, there is a chance that someone picked up your lost device already.
- Once you are in the vicinity of your device, you can use the ring feature on the application to give your phone a ring to locate it.
- You can also erase all the data or set up a new password for the device to ensure that your information does not fall into the wrong hands.
I strongly advise you to install the Android device manager application to make sure that you do not lose your phone or sensitive data due to carelessness. There is a good chance that you are able to locate your device back in case you actually lose it while travelling around a fa